Wednesday, March 3, 2010

And the sun is shining..



Hello all!
After Tuesday's class I can now say I have a greater and more complete understanding of Modernity, Modernism and Post Modernism.
I believe that everyone finds comfort in this recreated reality as the real doesn't cut it anymore. Like an example was stated in class, people would rather go to a hockey game and watch the screen above than watch the actual live game right in front of them.
Linking the Olympic gold medal game to this theory really helped it click in my head so kudos to Dr. Pound for that :)
Sadly, I missed Crosby's historic moment happen live, but thanks to YouTube I saw it a couple hours later. Was it the same? Not at all! But viewing it through the internet made it real for me.
And yes, after that game I did feel the Canadian pride a little more than usual.
This also makes sense because sometimes the imaginary can seem better than reality. I am sure that there are people in the world that are so caught up in their imaginary world that it seems real to them. Websites like the Sims and COD come to mind when I think of imaginary worlds. These websites are not only an escape from reality, but also a reality replacement. Which makes me wonder, what is considered real anymore?

1 comment:

  1. good blog. i again, agree with what you've said. when it comes to games that create a reality i'm surprised at how many people in my life find them an "escape" but if there both a reality is it really one?

    ReplyDelete