Which jar you ask? That darn jar that was placed in Tennessee will haunt us no longer.
After writing a total of 3 separate papers on "Anecdote of the Jar", with each paper more difficult than the last, it is now done for good.
That's not to say that the memory of the poem won't live on. Much like the ruby red slippers in the Wizard of Oz, the poem has left behind 3 papers in its memory, along with many lessons learned regarding the topics of deconstruction, psychoanalysis and interpretation.
I did find the poem quite interesting as well, and after analyzing it 3 separate times I have discovered how much content, depth and meaning it has beyond some jar sitting on a hill.
I found the last paper on psychoanalysis to be one of the hardest papers I have written in a while.I knew the content and facts about both Freud's and Lacan's theories, I knew what I wanted to say but I had no idea where to start.
I find when I get confused like this, I procrastinate on papers because when I don't know where to start I don't start at all. Though this is a bad habit to have, my focus and determination always pulls through in the end and I have never not completed an assignment.
Looking forward to learning about ideology this week, and writing a paper that isn't about that jar! :)
"you know you love me, xoxo"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

my thoughts exactly on this jar!
ReplyDelete