
Hello blogging world!
Tomorrow is the big day where our 2nd response papers are due, this one being focused on Structuralism and the myth of the Sleeping Giant.
I don't know about the rest of you, but I am finding this paper quite a challenge for a variety of reasons.
First of all, I have been born and raised in Thunder Bay and am proud of it, but in all honesty I only became familiar with the legend of the Sleeping Giant at the beginning of September.
My discovery of the legend was due to my job as a Student Ambassador for Lakehead, and one of the activities for Orientation was a bus tour around Thunder Bay, so that all of the first year out of town students and their parents could see all of Thunder Bays many exciting sights.
Yea, we only made a few stops, but one of them was of course the Sleeping Giant. At this stop we were to tell the families its legend, which I was emailed that morning, printed off and brought it along with me to regurgitate to the out-of-towners later on. I think the Sleeping Giant is beautiful, and even though I can see it whenever I wish, I value the time spent just looking at it from views like Hillcrest Park or the Marina. Those from out of town also LOVE the Sleeping Giant, as it is one of those "postcard" worthy landmarks.
In regards to the paper due, I find the topic "Structuralist Analysis of the Sleeping Giant Myth" very specific, but also very broad, all at the same time.
Maybe I've just finally lost all my marbles, and I'm only half way through first term. Maybe I'm thinking about this paper too much, and it is a lot simpler than I think it is. Or perhaps I'm not thinking about it hard enough, and it requires much more work than I think necessary. Who knows?
This is gonna be one heck of a school year
"You know you love me, xoxo"

No comments:
Post a Comment