Hello there!
So last class we discussed religion and literature, there similarities and differences, and there impact on our culture and things like nationalism. I found our class discussions on this topic very interesting and informative.
Now I bet you are wondering (or at least I hope you are), what is my opinion on this topic?
And the truth is, I don't really have one.
Religion has never really had a huge impact on my life, and though I have a handful of friends that could argue the topic of religion until their faces turn blue, I usually just sit back and listen.
I do not come from a religious family, I have attended Sunday masses a grand total of 2 times in my life, and I don't consider myself Christian or Catholic.
But I hope this doesn't lead one to believe that my life is without religion, because it's not.
I was baptized Union as a baby, and I pray often. I also believe in God and own a bible (though I never read it).
Another way religion has been included in my life is that I achieved my 40 community hours, that were required to graduate from high school with, from volunteering at a children's bible group at my old elementary school. Everything I know about God I learned from Good News Club.
Has religion had an impact on my life? Sort of. I live with its influence and I could also live without it. I feel that it was my choice to have it included in my life in the first place because it is not present in my home.
So there you have it. My "opinion" on religion, or lack there of.
Hope you found it interesting.
"You know you love me, xoxo"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment